Print Now!

Mercury Fillings Toxicity

This case is very representative of an old amalgam mercury filling that has caused significant structural damage the surrounding tooth. You will notice that this fillings are large size, and yet it is apparent that multiple radial cracks are emanating from the amalgam. The deep discoloration is a sign that leakage has occurred under the surface and decay is now present. The repair will require a great amount of additional removal of tooth structure in order to bring to tooth back to health. This is caused by the expansion of the amalgam over time that weakens the tooth and causes fractures .Additionally the amalgam fillings doesn’t seal to the tooth and bacteria leak under the surfaces at varying rates, which irritates the nerve and leads to decay.

In my experience placing composite fillings over the last 15 yeas , I do not see this type of damage occurring from well placed composite resin fillings.

"Harmful substances need no longer be introduced onto the human body"

The use of mercury releasing dental amalgam fillings has been supported by the dental industry for over 150 years. Their claims of 'safety' and 'efficacy' have been disputed by the scientific and medical communities for the same period. A vast body of evidence exists which indicates that mercury, leaching from amalgam fillings has serious consequences for human health. Mercury intake from dental amalgam is at least 10 times greater than all other sources combined including seafood. Mercury is the THIRD most toxic substance known to science after Arsenic and Lead. There is NO 'safe' level of mercury vapor DVD Review Quecksilber By Dr. Robert Gammal Biological Dentistry stresses the use of compatible materials for dental work and focuses on the unrecognized impact that dental conditions can have on overall health. Mercury, a know poison, has been used in dental fillings for approximately 160 years.

Despite the concern of many dentist, mercury amalgams were used because of their low cost and ease of use. Over the past few years, scientists the world over have conducted numerous studies showing the serious adverse health effects of mercury fillings.Each time you chew, brush or grind your teeth, mercury vapors are realeased from these fillings and absorbed by the body and brain. Many previously unexplained symptoms have been traced to this chronic mercury exposure: migraines,sleep disorders, headaches, depression, chronic fatigue, faulty memory, arthritis, multiple sclerosis and allergies. Damage to the brain, nervous system, heart, thyroid, adrenal glands, and lungs is also possible.

Mercury, considered to be both the most toxic non-radioactive element and the most volatile heavy metal, is being removed from all health care uses--save one. The disinfectant Mercurochrome is banned; mercury thermometers have been outlawed in over a dozen states (including California ); and the Center for Disease Control has ordered manufacturers to cease putting mercury preservatives in vaccines. The exception--mercury in dental amalgam fillings--sadly trumps all other uses both in magnitude of mass product and unrelenting harm to the human body.

A number of studies have shown blood levels and oral levels of mercury are substantially increased by chewing ordinary gum and even a piece of rubber tubing. Hot liquids or foods also have been proven to substantially raise oral mercury vapor levels as well as blood levels. Dr. Boyd Halley has conducted some of the most important research on the biochemical effects of inorganic mercury, specifically from dental amalgams. His results have never been refuted. Dr. Halley has proven, beyond any challenge, that mercury vapor is released from dental amalgam fillings in large concentrations, even in fillings more than 20 years old.

 

DOWNLOAD COMPLETE ARTICLE